SRIA | What We Do
Santa Rosa Island Authority, governing body of Pensacola Beach on Santa Rosa Island
Santa Rosa Island, Pensacola Beach, ecotourism, white sand beach, whitest beach, top-25 beach, northwest Florida, sugar white beach, Gulf of Mexico beach, emerald green water, flood information, flood, hurricane, hurricane information, storm surge, storm-surge family-friendly beach"
15757
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15757,page-child,parent-pageid-14869,qode-quick-links-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-13.1.1,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.5,vc_responsive

What We Do

Pensacola Beach

.                                         , is owned by Escambia County, Florida, and is under the direction of the Santa Rosa Island Authority (SRIA). The SRIA was created by the Florida legislature in 1947 under Chapter 24500. The SRIA does not receive tax revenue, it is fully funded from business and residences lease fees. Because of restrictions placed in the legal document from the federal government, land may not be purchased on Pensacola Beach; instead property is leased by the Island Authority for varying periods of time, up to ninety-nine years. Pensacola Beach encompasses approximately 1,474 acres on an eight mile stretch of Santa Rosa Island, accounting for nearly 30% of Escambia County.  At the present time 60% of Pensacola Beach is public use or public service land with the remaining 40% leased for residential and commercial use. SRIA’s administrative office is located at 1 Via de Luna Dr., Pensacola Beach, Florida. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Administration

This department insures that the Authority conducts business according to the rules regulations, ordinances and statues that have been adopted governing the Authority’s roles, activities and responsibilities. It also plans and implements quality events and promotions on Pensacola Beach to enhance and increase business on the island. The department oversees:

  • Public Records
  • Sunshine Law
  • Leases
  • Emergency Preparedness
  • Meeting Schedule
  • Legal Issues
  • Request for proposals, Request for qualifications and bids

The Administration and Leasing Department is available to help you with any questions you may have concerning your lease, public records request or meeting schedules and information. Please contact us if you are considering changing the use of your property, assigning or subleasing your property, or unsure of the terms of your lease.

Development

The mission of this department is to ensure that all construction, development and redevelopment on Pensacola Beach are consistent with applicable local, state and federal regulations. The department oversees:

  • Development Plan Review
  • Customer Service
  • Administration of the National Flood Insurance Program
  • Environmental Programs
  • Administrative Management of Engineering activities
  • Emergency Preparedness
  • 1988 Pensacola Beach Land Use Plan
  • Disaster Recovery and Mitigation

The Environmental and Developmental Services Department is ready to help you carry out your building ideas. We recommend that you contact us before you begin to make improvements or changes. We can help you with the regulations and codes that must be followed and assist you in working with other governmental agencies who may also have jurisdiction over your project.

Finance

The mission of this department is to manage all financial matters of the SRIA in accordance with all appropriate rules, regulations and laws. This department oversees:

  • Audit
  • Budget
  • Accounts Receivable and Payable
  • Data Management
  • Customer Service

Board Members

Five of our six board members are appointed by Escambia County’s Board of County Commissioners, the sixth is elected by registered island residents.